American Psycho

February 28, 2008

Quiet day. Methinks it will be quiet for a while. Too quiet perhaps.

The book of the moment is American Psycho. No I haven't seen the movie. Interesting read. I haven't been devouring it - just snippets here and there. Heinz asked me about it. The Patty Winters Show this morning was about Salad Bars.

I was early to CS again. Early enough to peek at beginner class without any girls! I thought the class was being run well by Charlotte though. It was an interesting contrast to Tuesday. Vish stopped his side DJ sessions elsewhere for the time being so I got to chat with him a little.

Fairly quiet night. No Ivan - I guess he's working hard to finish; I think he must be spending his weekends at his office nowadays. No Cyrille, but he was seen on Tuesday. Steph and Liam showed up but not until fairly late in the evening - just as I was thinking that the evening might be ending. Haihan arrived even later I think.

I thought we had abetter than average Sally as the DJ - or at least a more relaxed Sally. El Cuarto, My Favorite Things, Mentirosa, Tres Dias De Carnaval (I think I'll be getting my third copy of this song in near future - a trouble with buying compilation CDs), a cover of Tito Rodriguez song from the album El Doctor (I think it was La Ley Del Guaguanco but I am not completely certain), Delta Mambo were of many familiar but not necessarily expected songs.

The evening turned a bit weird later in the evening when a group of ~10 mostly girls (maybe 2 guys?) came down the stairs, proceeded to buy drinks and tried to have grand ole time on the dance floor. A lot of water spilled - or should I say tossed or thrown? Sally left fairly soon afterwards, and Vish took over briefly before turning it over to Haihan. At one point, we talked about making it mostly Boogaloo and Bachata. There was definitely more Bachata - not sure about Boogaloo. One song led to some people dancing Jive (seemed reasonable to me). I left as the that Juan Luis Guerra Bachata-Cha-Cha hybrid was playing.

No comments: