Heavy Dilution

February 14, 2008

Or maybe a convergence of factors - Tuesday On2 venture and Valentine's Party primarily. Is Cyrille away? He didn't mention it, but I guess we didn't talk much Tuesday.

Unlike Tuesday, there was a shortage on the women's side from top to bottom - seemingly getting worse as one went down in experience.

Ivan apparently realized the situation but not until he set out from his home. Nina did appear - maybe 15 to 11 for perhaps 30 min of dancing - in her dazzling outfit #892.

I limited myself to 4 dances - graded A+, A-, C+ and C. I really can't do much unless my partner can stay in beat and is not bothered by transitions, etc.

Vish says he's expecting lotsa people tomorrow. Okay. As for DJ rotation (at least 4?), he says he'll play it by ear - meaning I have no idea when I'll go.

Music was mostly soft-core from Sally (Bailando and one other from Frankie Ruiz, La Musica Es Mi Vida from SHO, Felices Horas by Hector Lavoe, etc) and Mambo-heavy from Vish (Cuero Na Ma by Jose Mangual?, Quitate La Mascara, Cachondea by Joe Cuba, a song with a lot of transitions I did not recognize, etc).

Book of the moment: A Canticle For Leibowitz. Surprisingly good!

No comments: