Was my mojo lacking?

January 31, 2008

I thought Sergio would finally make it tonight – until he texted me to say that he might not because of work still remaining. Somehow Cyrille must have smelled something wrong because he didn’t show up either. In the end the attendance was best described as slightly below average – Jane left early and Steph, Nicola and Nina arrived late. The only others among the usual suspects were Euvian and Charlotte.

The post for last night became a popular topic tonight with a couple of people – for unexpected reasons of course. In one case, I was misinterpreted – because I was trying to finesse and not offend one person, I ended up sounding as if I was putting another one down. In another case where I was half-expecting trouble, I got nothing but wholehearted agreement. With my luck, third person will confront me with a complaint.

Regarding yet another topic I didn’t think I was lacking in that department while recovering from illness – at least not regarding dancing. If anything I’m questioning whether I’m losing it as things went back to normal. Was it was a factor in me ordering a CD with a song entitled Mojito – I think not although it sounds neat. It does make me wonder – did it seem like I was lacking last couple of weeks?

Maybe Sally is to be blamed for what happened. It was almost as if Sally decided to borrow one of Vishal’s pre-recorded CD. Some of the songs played near the end included La Pantera Mambo, Dame Cinco, El Pito. Other songs included Quince Anos, Cuban Fantasy? (Tito Rodriguez?? - more likely the Big 3 Palladium Orchestra), something by Grupo Gale, Pa Los Bravos (Grupo Latin Vibe), another version of Picadillo, and the song Liam liked last week.

There was a birthday song played too. I think it was Periodico De Ayer – not sure if it was fast or short enough. Sally did end the song early with about 2 minutes to spare (the song is not quite 7 minutes long) – in part because partner switches were being made too rapidly. I’m not sure if I like the fact that I’m unlikely to ever have to deal with having my own birthday dance – for obvious reason (I don’t have one! haha).

No need to go into the exchange between Steph and William - I wasn't even there to hear the conversation, and they supposedly were making jokes about someone else. I have no idea if I wrote enough to allow me to remember the conversation a year from now.

No comments: