Back in Cambridge - but not yet to normalcy

January 10, 2008

I returned to Cambridge around noon. Less than 10 hours later and still struggling with weariness brought upon by the long trip as well as illness while in the States, I was back at Club Salsa. I was still feeling disoriented so I wasn't going to stay long. Vishal thought I looked tired - not sure if this is the best description, but I sure did not feel completely normal.

It wasn't a super-busy evening. Still there were some hard-core people, some of whom were part of the teaching team, there for the social part of the evening. These included Charlotte, Jane and Kate. Caroline and Laura were there for the early part of the social also. The biggest surprise was Nina, who is apparently back for more than a weekend - it was a surprise for Ivan too.

I tired easily and did not feel top-shape physically, but the dances were plenty interesting. I think those two evenings out in DC helped. Same goes for there being plenty of space. Possibly not having danced with anyone in Cambridge for 3 weeks made things more interesting or at least bring novelty. Even though I was there for barely over an hour, it was pretty good.

No comments: