Irregular thermal regulation

January 24, 2008

Considerably less dizzy than the day before but internal heat regulation seemed off. Hopeful prognosis is feeling of disorientation will be gone by early next week if not before. Who knows for sure? It certainly screwed up a few things - both short and long term. I can't wait to get back to - I don't know what.

I arrived at Club Salsa fairly early - shortly after 9 - thanks to Sigma. The instructor team tonight was Sally, Mark and Charlotte. The wait was quite boring - at least until Ivan arrived - somewhat early - before the social started. It led to gossiping with Ivan about CDC - all kinds of funny business there right now. He also complained about lack of time for self-improvement.

It was another interesting Thursday social. Pretty good attendance despite absence of some reliable people like Jane, Haihan and Agnes - not sure if more than one of them is affected by the ADC dance show this week. I finally got to say "happy new year" to Lindsey. The biggest surprise was Emma and Chris although Aurelei was surprising also. Zern was there too but left fairly early.

Music drew quite a few comments. I was surprised by the second song selection - La Agonia by Lebron Brothers. Ivan was surprised by Bailando by Frankie Ruiz (made him think of his beginner days). Perhaps Mi Ritmo Es Bueno by Bobby Valentin was played to make up for it. Liam told Sally that Salsa Romantica (not sure who the artist was in this case) was the most boring song ever - then again Liam says the same about every other song. He did like the Cheo Feliciano song (don’t know which one) immediately afterwards. Other songs I recall include Hacha Y Machete (Alfredo De La Fe), Don Anastacio (Javier Vazquez), Mujer Erotica (Tito Rodriguez Jr), Delta Mambo (Cache), Campanero (version unknown to me).

I somehow managed to crack up two different people tonight. I didn't have to say anything in one case. Both were puzzling.

There were two competing entries for comments of the day. Should I go for "Your ears are wet" or "Would you like to dance with me or someone else for the next song"?

Despite not dancing for the first 4 songs (or over 20 minutes), I ended up dancing quite a lot tonight. It seemed like I danced with pretty much everyone too - more or less. Despite not taking classes etc for a while, I feel like I'm still learning about Salsa dancing - and I'm not talking only about music. In some ways, the illness probably helped.

The fact that I almost left my bag (with shoes) behind might be another proof of me still in daze. Or maybe it means nothing.

No comments: