I surprise myself in retrospect

January 18, 2008

The teacher line-up was Cristian, Jay and Vishal - somewhat of a surprise. Both Cristian and Jay stayed late into the social part of the night.

Playlist

La Llave – Grupo Latin Vibe
Si Me Fuera De Tu Lado – Kako Y Totico*
Espiritu Burlon – Santiago Ceron
Borinquen – La Sonora Poncena
Quince Anos – El Gran Combo*
Volver Volver – Grupo Gale*
Mentirosa – Louie Ramirez & Ray De La Paz
Hong Kong Mambo – Tito Puente
Preparen Candela – Willie Rosario*
Oye La Banda – Jose Alberto “El Canario”*
Mary – Joe Arroyo*
Mambo Is Here To Stay – Latin Giants Of Jazz
Cubanoson – Cubanoson

break

Y No Hago Mas Na – El Gran Combo
Son Malas – Rey Reyes*
Avisale A Mi Contrario – Roberto Roena Y Su Apollo Sound
Bamboleate – Louie Ramirez*
Ven A Medellin – Grupo Gale*
Tiene Sabor – Henry Fiol
Alma Llanera – Tito Rodriguez*
La Quiero – Domenic Marte
A La Yumbae – Tommy Olivencia
Cualquiera – Oscar D’Leon*
Linda Teresa – Bobby Valentin*
Dime Que Quieres – El Gran Combo
Chango Ta Beni – Willie Rosario
Trip To Mamboland – Latin Giants Of Jazz*
Paz – Orquesta Flamboyan con Frankie Dante*
Gotas De Lluvia – Grupo Niche* (1)
Meneame La Cuna – Roberto Torres
Rubias De Nueva York – Willie Rosario
Trompeta Y Trombon – Ray Barretto*
Te Extrano - Extreme
Merengue (Suavemente – Elvis Crespo) (2)
Guaguanco Del Gran Combo – El Gran Combo
Mambo Gallego – Tito Puente (Concord Picante version)*
Bailando – Frankie Ruiz
Buenas Noches Che Che – Tito Rodriguz
Salchicha Con Huevos – Jimmy Sabater con Son Boricua
Perdoname – Gilberto Santa Rosa

(1) I’m calling this new on the account that I hadn’t played this uncut version before
(2) This was due to a few requests. The original request was for Wyando, but I couldn’t find it.

Total = 40 songs. 35 Salsa including 17 new. 2 Bachata. 2 Merengue. 1 Cha Cha.

I hadn’t realized I played so many new songs. I think that’s a little too much even though quite a few people seemed to like it. I can’t keep it up.

The social was rather poorly attended. Apparently some people decided to take an out-of-town trip to Birmingham. Some like Cyrille, Liam and Steph opted not to go. Cyrille was here from early in the evening but did not dance much until Steph and Liam arrived near the end of my break. I myself only danced once during the break.

The interaction between Cyrille, Liam and Steph were highly amusing – especially between Liam and Steph. Somehow dancing normally seemed to be a challenge for them.

Vish talked about DJing in Lithuania. I didn't get quite all the details.

No comments: