Still in a daze, still at SOS

January 13, 2008

So his name is Leroy. I had wondered about that. I always referred to him as the tall guy. Same as everyone else I know. Anyhow it's not like I'll be using his name since he supposedly is moving to Germany. SOS will be a little different without him - considering he and Leon's mom were the only constants through past 3 years.

Another name I learned was Ashley. I've known her for about 2 1/2 years. I didn't think about it but I guess she must have been pregnant when I first danced with her. She didn't start showing until several months later. Anyhow after all those time, she decided to ask my name. And I asked for hers in return. No idea about the motivation. There are many others whose names are mystery to me.

Still in a daze. Not bad enough to skip a trip to SOS - especially with light workload. I am not really able to work properly anyway. The ability to concentration has gone kaput. Liable to skip and skim paragraphs while reading anything. Brain dull. Hands are not steady. I hope this is not permanent. I have been sleeping a lot - 15, 12, and 12 hours in last 3 nights.

I wasn't going to risk long drives. Too many factors against it. The road layout - in particular parking - of the Station Road seems to have changed quite a bit. The station itself is in the middle of renovations. It all added to make everything seem more surreal. The train ride itself was smooth - almost too smooth to make it seem weird.

Decided on fish and chips in London for dinner. Even with leisurely pace, I ended up having to sit through quite a lot of the classes - apparently they started very late and they were not done until a little after 8:30. Still I didn't get to my first dance until the middle of second song or the third song.

I don't recall seeing anyone from Cambridge in the class. I glimpsed Isabelle briefly afterwards, but I don't think she stayed long. Ah... Luxuries of living in London. I did see one other familiar Cambridge-related face - another friend of Mimi's - in this case Marina. She came with her recurring friend - from the Rocket, et cetera.

The DJ was Sylvester. The music seemed okay, but I really haven't been paying a great deal of attention for past couple of weeks. I thought he played a lot of cover versions (not bad ones I thought) of well-known songs. As I said I really can't concentrate these days.

Dancing was once again … more primal than cerebral. I think quite a few of my partners liked it that way but who knows for sure. I might have been making a spectacle of myself - not necessarily in a bad way. I think I was asked for a dance by four different women all night. The number itself is on the high side, but even more unusual was that all these women seemed quite good. Well - either that of I really didn't care.

I tired easily, but I might have been dancing more energetically than usual too. At one point when Tamambo and Leon stopped the social for Leroy, I decided that I really needed to sit down. It would be interesting if I will keep this up especially when I get back to normal state - if it ever happens (this has been going so long!).

I had to run to catch the train back to Cambridge. I think I was the last one aboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you mean Lynroy?
http://www.latinpalace.co.uk/instructors.htm

hyh said...

Mmm. I think you're right. My hearing isn't that good.