Second of triannual trip to Wolfson?

January 30, 2008

Like last time the Wolfson College outing was initiated by Zhenzhi. I decided to go along mainly because I hadn’t seen her in a while. There is no real reason to go otherwise – it’s not like there is anything great to be expected from a Wolfson trip.

It was rather quiet evening too. It did make me remember that even when there’s crowding, the amount of space probably would not be a problem at Wolfson – ever. Their lighting is pretty good too. The layout isn’t bad, and the bar serves cheap drinks.

From the Zhenzhi’s group, I was the third to arrive – around 10:15 and after Rajiv and Steph. Other people trickling in included Zhenzhi, Cyrille, Liam, William, Jane and Richard. Was Sharon also part of the group? Nina was there too but by coincidence – or not much of one given what I knew and which she confirmed (let’s just say that I knew something from the past and internet is a scary place).

It did give an opportunity to catch up with Spyros as well as getting around Liam never checking his e-mail.

Being on time – it seems to be a big issue – I am unsure if it is something outside general consciousness. Is it contagious or do I ignore others blithely most of the time?

Music was about 4 parts Salsa, 1 part Bachata, 1 part Merengue and 1 part Mish-Mesh. Shila was the DJ – or at least picked most of the songs. Probably the best Salsa played was Me Libere.

I was most amused by Liam not recognizing Salsa Con Coco for what it is (and complaining afterwards – so predictable). Hearing Liam repeat my sentiment about Ealing (it’s far away – practically Heathrow) was amusing too.

I ended up dancing with Zhenzhi – was it twice or thrice? Scrounged one with Steph near the end – not enough choice to be picky. Once with Sharon. Three other pseudo-random partners. Despite being there for over an hour and half, it was a challenge to find opportunity and inspiration both at once. Not sure if inspiration is the right word anyway - more like picking your medicine.

Health. Almost back to normal. Slight earache. Only a hint or dizziness – it might be an imagination or hypochondria. Hard to believe that it’s not completely gone. Another day or two – and definitely by next week – I think I was telling myself this last week too. Ugh. Hair is getting long too.

No comments: