DJing again on Fridays

January 11, 2008

Still not back to normal after 14 hours of sleep. I think it will be a slow process. At Club Salsa, the instructor line-up was Joe, Danie and Vish. The first familiar face I saw was Polly – Andrea was taking part in the class.

Joe was the DJ for the first ten songs or so. He stayed for several songs afterwards to social dance. Meanwhile, I got to say hello to Cyrille, who wondered why I hadn’t called him when I got back (which is just yesterday). Overall it was a decent crowd.

Playlist

Con Eso – El Gran Combo
Cancion – La Sonora Poncena (live) (1)
Lo Bonito Y Lo Feo – Grupo Niche*
Mambo Is Here To Stay – Latin Giants of Jazz*
El Titere – Louie Ramirez & Ray De La Paz
Prestame Tu Mujer – Grupo Gale*
El Verdadero Son – Estrellas Caiman
Vampira – Rey Reyes*
Son Diez Lagrimas – Lebron Brothers
Que Bonito Es Sonar – Jimmy Bosch
Perico Macona – Angel Canales
Ya Lo Veras – Oscar D’Leon* (2)
Lindo Yambu – Cheo Feliciano
Ahora Si – Ismael Miranda*
Apretoncito – Toke D Keda
Despacio – Andy Aguilera*

Total = 16 songs. 14 Salsa including 6 new. 2 Bachata including 1 new.

(1) Cyrille later said he had difficulty with this song.
(2) Mohammed seemed excited to hear this one.

Sally was there briefly. I thought I spotted Nicola too but did not get to say hello. Sebastian is visiting Cambridge for the weekend apparently. Euvian claimed to be out of practice not having danced for about a month.

A comment I received about my dancing tonight was that it was energetic. Maybe it was because I wasn't feeling completely well. I thought one way of describing it might be that it was dominated by id more than ego or superego.

No comments: