Forgettable Wednesday

August 24, 2005

Cristian, Dee and co are still drawing a large crowd to their classes - well at least their second class; I'm not sure how well their intermediate class is attended. However, it too must be doing well enough because I think a lot of them stay and help out with the less advanced classes. My opinion is that their beginner/improver classes are really well-organized (almost to the point of being regimental). They also do a good job of having many different levels of classes (4 different ones, I think, with the three classes divided amongst the three instructors during the second hour). It would be interesting to see how well Cristian dance but I rarely see him dance Salsa; tonight was an exception. Dee rarely dances also. The third instructor (Jay) is the most likely to dance with multiple partners after their classes end.

As for me, there was not a single highly satisfying dance yet again - this would have been a good day to have skipped (except I couldn't stay way). Somewhat alarming was that I got an impression that couple of followers have either formed an opinion (or is forming an opinion) that I am not good enough to dance with them. All week this week, I've been regretting not going to SOS last weekend to get a nice stretch of fun dances. I think I'll go this weekend unless something compelling happened on Friday as I feel as if I'm hitting a glass ceiling in Cambridge. Meanwhile, I'm feeling uninspired enough to want to skip Rueda tomorrow. I was so uninspired tonight that I didn't even bother some people I usually like to dance with. In about a month, I will have been taking salsa lessons for a whole year and if it's always like tonight, I think I might just want to quit salsa or at least take a long break.

Someone mentioned that Cristian, Dee and co may start teaching on Mondays at Po Na Na. If so, I hope they don't DJ as well because their music selection is limited in many ways and they have a annoying habit of fusing songs so that a proper ending is made difficult.

No comments: