A less crowded Wednesday - mistaken for a Salsa instructor

August 3, 2005

The club was considerably less crowded than it has been for last several times. I was hoping to practice routines I learned from Johnny and Serap but never quite mastered today and did this only to a marginally satisfactory level. Certainly, there were no spectacular dances tonight.

Around midnight, I decided to ask for one last dance with a stranger, who instead of dancing asked me to teach her and her partner. So I worked with them for about half an hour teaching some basics (basic forward and back, back-to-back, cross body lead, enchufe, pivot turn, hook turn) and let them know about other proper lessons on Weds and Fri. I'm not quite sure what they based their thinking upon but they thought I was a Salsa instructor (probably just flattery). In any case, it was novel and amusing.

On a different note, Rhona told me there will not be a Rueda class tomorrow. I guess they must be either moving to Mondays or searching for a different venue to keep the classes on Thursdays.

No comments: