I am a winner!

October 31, 2005

It's nothing special really.

I entered a contest to win one of SuperMario's new DVDs, and my name was pulled out of the hat. I get either SuperMario's Supermoves DVD 4 or 5.

Two more weeks of contests remain. If you want to enter the contest, go to www.londonsalsa.co.uk. Thus far the number of contestants have been rather low, and I would guess that my chances of winning has been about 1 in 10 to 1 in 25.

I have no idea what to expect from these DVDs. I have never taken lessons with SuperMario; in fact I never saw him in person. At the Salsa Mafia forum, SuperMario has a reputation for being an excellent teacher among very large number of people; I think he was voted best Salsa teacher in UK in few different occasions. He also is not universally liked (but then again, who is?) and has a small number of detractors; some say he has an outsized ego while others even dismiss him as a con man. The most often-stated evidence of SuperMario's big ego is about SuperMario pushing past many people and cutting through long line to get his food (presumably at Salsa-related events). The evidence for him being a con man was never explained very well to the best of my knowledge.

No comments: