Check out that shiny new floor at Club Salsa

October 5, 2005

Wow! What a transformation! It’s not quite finished yet but the repair of the flood-damaged floor has taken a giant step forward. The upper floor by the DJ booth has been completely renovated; it never looked better (at least during the time I’ve been here). The upper floor by the stairs is also fixed and the additional area, which used to be covered with metal covering, is getting new wooden floors as well. I originally was resigned to a half-assed repair job, so I’m pleasantly surprised.

I still have that glow leftover from SOS few nights ago so my dancing was still pretty good. In fact, I was struck by my suddenly new observation that the followers in Cambridge are quite good – certainly not at SOS level, but I think I may have underestimated them quite a bit. This might be because I myself wasn’t all that good or confident enough with my leading. It’s interesting for me to note that I was underwhelmed with SOS back in August, although I blamed it on it being a Scala night at the time.

As the last of us were leaving, Vishal was getting ready to do more work to fix the floor. When I mentioned to one of the last male dancer to leave that Vishal was staying longer to work on the floor, he appeared flabbergasted. Knowing Vishal better than I did last week, I would not be surprised if Vishal took the money he got from the insurance company for flooding damage, and then decided to do most of the work himself to save on labor costs so that he can improve the Club instead of simply bringing it back to the way it was. Now that I’ve done some boosting for Vishal, maybe I can raise complaints about those skipping CD tracks? Also try to get some sleep when you’re done, Vishal. Also, it would be a great idea to try to prevent further flooding – maybe by building a levee or something?

No comments: