So what makes me qualified to write about Salsa in Cambridge?

October 31, 2005

I guess my answers would be that I live in Cambridge, I dance Salsa in Cambridge, and I have been writing about it. None of these says I am qualified or that I do it well. In any case, I received a request from www.londonsalsa.co.uk to write a short blurb about Salsa in Cambridge. The message below was received through a neutral site, Salsa Mafia.

--

Hey,

I was wondering if you'd be interested in writing a short article about Salsa in Cambridge for www.londonsalsa.co.uk. I know the scene might not be huge, but it being in the vicinity of London, some people might consider venturing out there some time.

A friend at university there tells me there's quite a good Wednesday night happening. Together with some pictures maybe, it would be a good promotion for Cambridge Salsa.

As incentive I can only offer you credit to your article, a link to your blog and of course the knowledge that you've done something positive for other Salsa dancers. I don't make a living out of the site either.

If that sounds like an OK deal to you, let me know!

TT aka. Phil

--

I'll think about it, talk about with some people, and then think about it more before deciding. I did ask about maximum word limit for the article wanted, and the reply was that 500-1000 words would be sufficient.

I'm also going to assume that it was a pure coincidence that I won my DVD prize from this website around the same time I received this request.

No comments: