New class & club by old friends Mauricio & Peter, New venue for Nelson, New night for Vishal

October 9, 2005

A somewhat belated post. I heard several news Friday.

One of my first Salsa teacher, Mauricio, is starting a new class and club in Huntingdon. The grand opening is this Wednesday October 12th. The place is Oliver's 12 All Saints Passage, Huntingdon PE29 3PA. For the opening night, Mauricio is joined by another one of my old Salsa teacher and friend, Peter with his Salsa band Cambiando playing live. Classes are held between 7-9 PM. Music til midnight (6 pounds all inclusive).

Nelson Batista is moving his Sunday venue to Cellar Bar 8 starting October 16th. My source suggested that the move is being made in part to have a more club-like atmosphere and better sound. Classes start at 7 PM and dancing til 11:30 PM as before (5 pounds all inclusive).

Meanwhile, Vishal is offering free entry for Salsa dancing on Sundays at Club Salsa. It starts at 8 PM and goes to "late". Did I mention Free Entry - Oh Yes!? This means Club Salsa is now open for business on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday every week.

Despite all these developments, it's a relief to know that I would not be competing directly with anyone I know personally because of my non-profit and still longshot once-in-a-lifetime venture Project Bachata.

No comments: