Cold hands warm heart

March 25, 2008

Intermediate with Chris and Sally


6,7,1,2,3,5 CBL into open L-R only
6,7,1,2,3,5 open break and bring follower straight forward (L-R across leader’s body then left hanging without a further lead from it) and lead follower into 1/2 clockwise turn on 3 with R-L connection (late connection made – maybe between 1 and 2) to end in double-crossed hold
(5),6,7,1,2,3,5 prepare and lead follower to double turn (stationary clockwise) with leader turning full counterclockwise (preferably on 3 after a prep step on 2) to end in open hold
6,7,1,2,3,5 Copa start into wrap on 1 but sliding into closed hold immediately and bring follower back on leader’s R side with leader taking a hook step on 2 to make more room
6,7,1,2,3,5 CBL inside turn for follower and quickly into open hold (1 1/2 travelling counterclockwise turn for follower – using free R hand along follower’s shoulders, etc to signal wanting to reconnect quickly)
6,7,1,2,3,5 open break and bring follower straight forward with L-R across leader’s body and R-L over follower’s head and behind her neck (keep R arm bent and do not use it for ensuing lead) turn as unit 1/2 clockwise with aid of L-R on 1 then lead follower into 1 1/2 travelling counterclockwise touch-and-go turn L-R low with lead coming right after 2 and into 3
6,7,1,2,3,5 starting from hammerlock position L-R low and follower slightly to L of leader open break into Copa (well – I think it’s a fair to call it Copa except most people here are still a bit unused to doing Copa in this manner and from this position… this type of move has been done before in this class) [more note: of course this would be different from Copa if the move here is to get follower to unwrap and turn full clockwise on 1 then stopping on 2 then into multiple counterclockwise turn similar to Copa finish – I probably want to play with the timing here and see what works, which might not end up being the same move -- or my Copa On2 timing could be a bit messy]

I straddled the second hour between the improver and beyond beginner class along with Annette. The improver class I took part in had preparation and leading a single (“C” prep being something I’m unused to and probably will require A LOT of practice to make it comfortable), leading an inside turn (slight downward lead on 2 before bringing it up on 3) followed by leader’s counterclockwise (or was it clockwise?) 1/2 turn at the end before leading follower forward and into travelling 1/2 clockwise turn.

On a slightly different topic, I hadn’t done leader’s full stationary clockwise turn at the end of CBL for a long time with On1 and never with On2 mostly because I had forgotten about it. I might want to resurrect that one.

No Ed. And I was rather late – had to come directly from work rather than stopping at home to get my bicycle as I had been doing on past Tuesdays. Lindsey asked me not to make a habit of it. Steve and Hayden showed up for the first class though. Ditto for Katya. Among leads I think I’m the last one with perfect attendance record – it took me back to HS days for a moment or two.

Sally accused me of styling – or should I make it Styling? I’m guessing lowercase is more appropriate unless I were to take the route of poor job of signalling.

I talked shoes with Sally and Chris. My old 2 1/2 year pair is taken quite a beating and I might want to get a new pair for nicer occasions and as a permanent replacement when the old one dies – I think it might happen fairly soon. I earlier had a correspondence with the company that sold my old one but was turned off by their flippancy (as well as inconvenience and slight cost difference).

Social dancing or practice afterwards was fine although perhaps a little messy at times (perhaps no different than usual). I probably had the most difficulty when dancing with Sally. With Mambo Mongo and Hayden, I’m guessing I made more major/noticeable mistakes than he did.

No comments: