Many multiples rather than usual singles

March 14, 2008

Joe played music until 12:30, and I didn't press to take over. I danced quite a bit - dancing multiple songs with multiple partners. The pattern was set thus when I learned that Pilar will be departing for Madrid in 3 weeks - yet another person leaving Cambridge scene.

Steve, Natalia and Gabrielle was here - once again on a Friday without Cyrille, Liam, Rajiv, etc. It was fairly busy - supposedly overcrowded for the lessons - at the start of the evening. By the time I got onto the DJ booth, it had quieted down a lot. I think I maintained it for a while longer by sticking with Salsa - no Bachata, Cha Cha, or Merengue.

Playlist

Toro Mata - Ocho Y Mas (-5%)*
Mambo Mongo - Mongo Santamaria (Fania version) (-3%)
Cucala - Celia Cruz & Johnny Pacheco (-3%)
Estamos Chao - Eddie Palmieri*
Plante Bandera - Tommy Olivencia*
Dejate Querer - Jose Alberto "El Canario"
Mentiras - Oscar D'Leon
La Familia - Ray Barretto
Besitos De Coco - Azabache*
Dulzura - Lebron Brothers*
El As De La Rumba - Machito
Valio La Pena - Marc Anthony*
Clasiquiendo Con Ruben - Afro-Cuban All-Stars
Ahora Quien - Marc Anthony* (1)
Thinking Of You - Lenny Kravitz (Salsa remix)

(1) This one came about because I opted to dance to Valio La Pena and Clasiquiendo Con Ruben without cueing another song.

Total = 15 songs all Salsa and 7 new. What does it say when I can claim two popular Marc Anthony songs from ~3 years ago as "new" after having 67 previous Salsa DJ sessions?

There was another teacher comment/question at the end of the evening from a stranger. He called me a professor. That's a new one.

No comments: