Advanced doesn't seem so advanced today - Johnny & Serap Advanced

May 13, 2005

Maybe it was because it was a big class but the only thing worth talking about in detail is as follows:

R-R hold (we got here by cross body lead with change of hands)
1,2,3 open break on 1, pull partner forward on 2,3 as I step to left and turn 90 and get a hold of partner's left upper arm/shoulder - at this point, I'm facing my partner, who is in front of me and facing my right (direction from which I came from) -- this is like getting into opposite cross body lead position
5,6,7 lead partner across to my right on 5 and turn partner clockwise 1 1/2 and end with open hold

[note added July 31 - This most likely is a 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn for the follower on 5,6,7 rather than a clockwise turn thus making this a simple reverse cross body lead with normal outside turn.]

Also led partner to a double turn ending in Setenta position, followed by cross body lead to unwrap.

We also did a simple shine, which was done back on March 25 and which I remembered quite well.

Intermediate class which I missed seemed more elaborate than it was the case last several weeks.

No comments: