Getting closer to using Johnny & Serap Advanced (similar ending as SOS routine earlier this week)

May 6, 2005

Shine of the day (only because it was easy to remember)
1 L foot forward
2 R foot in place but now pointing to R
3 L foot crosses over in front of R foot and now facing R
5 R foot to R (swing hip to R)
6 put weight on L (swing hip to L)
7 put weight on R (swing hip to R)
1 L foot crosses over behind of R foot
2 R foot in place but now pointing L (=original forward)
3 L foot in place and pointing same direction as R foot (=original forward)
5 kick forward with R foot and quickly place R foot in place
6/7 L foot behind R foot and both feet slide forward (L foot slide first then R foot)
1 resume basic

routine of the day (remarkably similar ending as was taught at SOS earlier this week)
(skipping shines for ladies)
R-L hold
1,2,3 pivot turn (full clockwise turn) switching to L-L on 1 thus resulting in L-L behind my back with connection at my back left waist on 4 and my R arm to the left of this connection (i.e. inside)
5,6,7 continue basic while use R arm to disconnect L-L with a fluid circular counterclockwise motion (about 1 1/2 revolutions) and re-establish R-L high while L hand is placed on partner's waist to prevent turn either way (note. keep this L hands on partner's waist as long as possible during next 1,2,3 - I'm not sure which way the partner is more likely to turn if this is not done) - at this point partner and I are almost level with each other while still facing each other
1,2,3 pivot turn (180 clockwise turn - note that this likely involves going past partner) underneath R-L high to reach a position where partner and I are facing same direction on 3/4 (R-L goes over my head on 2/3 to between partner and myself and is perhaps lowered to waist level on 3/4)
5,6,7 lead partner forward on 5 and wrap partner around waist by leading partner to a full counterclockwise turn
1,2,3 footwork is cross over behind on 1, slightly to right and forward on 2 and to left on 3 - the idea is to get to a position where both partner and I are facing the same direction and I am to forward and preferrably slightly to left of my partner - R-L is unwrapped gradually during this walk-around to get to a position similar to last 1 - at SOS, left hand was used to help guide partner around in this walkaround
5,6,7 lead partner forward on 5 and throw partner (like vacillara) to a full counterclockwise turn and catch partner on both shoulders to prevent further turn
1,2,3 twist counterclockwise slightly on 1 and back on 2,3
5,6,7 lead partner to another free turn clockwise (double would be nice but it's up to partner's ability) while I do a counterclockwise turn - end facing each other

This routine seemed fairly easy now for me during the lesson. I still couldn't do it during the dances. It's getting close though.

I also met a soon-to-be-a-colleague who turned out also to be a salsa dancer (with well-practiced Cuban style).

No comments: