A very very long sequence - Peter & Cinzia

May 23, 2005

In a change of pace, Peter and Cinzia decided to do a very long complex sequence. I was told by one of the woman in the class that this routine was tried on Thursday salsa party and that she was doing men’s part. Sean returned from his Oxford trip.

Sordo - Deaf man?
R-R hold
1,2,3 Pimienta start
5,6,7 lead partner to 1 1/2 clockwise turn and turn counterclockwise ~90 to be side-to-side with partner who should be on your left – place L hand on partner’s L shoulder
1,2,3 walk in circles with partner (clockwise circle with me walking backwards and partner walking forwards)
5,6,7 hook turn and change to L-R
1,2,3 another hook turn with L-R kept low, and get hold of partner’s L hand with my R hand in front thus ending in Setenta position for myself (i.e. my L hand is behind my back on my R waist)
5,6,7 do a back half of basic – on 8, you should be facing your next Dame partner or to the right side of the Rueda circle
1,2,3 forward basic and get arm or elbow lock with R-L (my R arm over partner’s L arm)
5,6,7 back basic while getting out of arm/elbow lock and get R-L over partner’s head to behind partner’s face (note. this probably looks the best if R-L goes over partner’s head on 7 (or even 8) rather than earlier) [Note added May 26: release arm lock on 5 then swing it in a small counterclockwise circular motion during 6,7 and get it over follower's head on 7/8]
1,2,3 walk in semi-circle with partner (going to my right) and get L-R over partner’s head to in front of partner’s face -- R-L is lowered gradually during 1,2 while L-R is raised at the same time
5,6,7 keep L-R high and turn clockwise essentially full turn – on 8, you and your partner should be back in starting position within the Rueda circle
1,2,3 two-handed Enchufe start
5,6,7 raise both hands over partner’s head and wrap partner down to waist level
1,2,3 Sacala – walk into the circle and back (small steps) and raise L hand on 3
5,6,7 walk in place and lead partner to walk into the circle and back while walking around that essentially is the same as a full clockwise turn - get R-L over partner’s head and to shoulder level for a neck wrap
1,2,3 Coca cola – get R-L back over partner’s head to lose the neck wrap quickly – use R hand high (and using a gentle pulling motion) to lead partner to a full counterclockwise turn again ending with a neck wrap with R-L behind partner’s neck
5,6,7 use a gentle nudge with R forearm on back of partner’s neck to help lead partner to my left as in the end of cross body lead as she unwraps herself with a clockwise turn – on 8, you and your partner should be back in the starting position within the Rueda circle

[note added May 27: I think I may have Coca cola wrong - instead of it lasting 1,2,3,5,6,7, it may go more like 1,2,3,5,6,7,1,2,3,5,6,7 as written below:

1,2,3 Coca cola (two-handed) - raise R-L back over partner's head to lose the neck wrap - maybe do Dile que no steps
5,6,7 lead follower across to my right with both hands while leading follower to a full counterclockwise turn while I walk around in counterclockwise circle for half turn to end up back on follower's left side also ending with a neck wrap for the follower with R-L behind follower's neck
1,2,3,5,6,7 Dile que no with the follower unwrapping with a clockwise turn - a gentle nudge with my R forearm on follower's back can be used to help in leading]

1,2,3 two-handed Enchufe start
5,6,7 do accommodating steps and release R-L
1,2,3 walk into the circle and back and raise L hand on 3 for Exhibela
5,6,7 lead partner to Exhibela = partner walks into the circle and back while walking around clockwise equivalent to a full turn
1,2,3,5,6,7 Dile que no (or cross body lead)

Later on when I was trying reverse cross body lead (which worked only with somewhat more experienced partners with some partners getting very amused-happy responses despite some raggedness to it all), I was having difficulty with timing but I was told by a follower with more experience than me that my technique was pretty good. This timing problem was almost non-existent when I danced with a ringer the end.

No comments: