Another useless except for BBC-like demo - Johnny & Serap Intermediate

May 6, 2005

For about 50 minutes, class focused on uninteresting shines, cross body leads and Rueda basic steps. Only the Rueda step was mildly interesting and this was only because it was slightly different. On 1,2,3 both partners are slowly angling towards each other instead of simply staying put. On 5,6,7 R-L connect and push off occurs as was observed in other Rueda-based classes.

Then in the last 10 minutes, a slight variation and an extension to BBC/Para mi para ti was introduced. However, only one demonstration was given and it was never practiced except for the very beginning portion, which I already knew.

Because I never gave a description of the original move and variations, I'll go over the original routine and my interpretation (based on watching it just once!) of today's demo.

original routine (taught by Mauricio, Johnny & Serap and Rhona & Helen - apparently Rhona & Helen referred to this as "BBC" - very much like para mi para ti also)
1,2,3 open break on 1, forward and to left on 2, turn clockwise on 3 while leading partner to a 120-180 counterclockwise turn on 2/3 with L-R high in front of partner's forehead - this is very much like enchufe start
5,6,7 back on 5, forward and to left on 6, counterclockwise turn on 7 as partner turns clockwise 120-180 on 6/7 -- I knew of two ways of doing this

repeat as often as wanted

version 1 for 5,6,7 - like para mi para ti, lead with L-R high but with my fingers pointing up in front of my forehead for my turn

version 2 for 5,6,7 - keep L-R at my left waist and keep connection as long as possible during the turn and reconnect as soon as possible

For me, a satisfactory end is to finish with Dile que no (cross body lead) and get back to open hold...

now, another variation Johnny brought up is as follows

version 3 for 5,6,7 - let go L-R on 3/4 and connect R-L by 4 and do the same footwork as before except using R-L high (instead of L-R high)

different ending on 5,6,7 - keep L-R while connecting R-L and do the same footwork but do a full counterclockwise turn instead of 120-180 turn. This will result in a wrapping of myself around my neck
1,2,3,5,6,7 walk backwards in clockwise circle indefinitely (small steps is probably better based upon my further experimentation with Adios tonight)
ending of the walk is pure guesswork on my part ... on 5,6,7 unwrap myself with 180 clockwise turn and maybe do a Enchufe start followed by Dile que no.

No comments: