Fairly easy but still useful – Johnny & Serap Advanced

May 20, 2005

open hold
1,2,3 cross body start
5,6,7 lead partner to a two handed 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn (forward on 5 and turns in 6,7,8) and keep hands high
1,2,3 pivot turn 180 and split hands over my head with my hands crossing in front of my head and R-L connection over my L shoulder and L-R connection over my R shoulder
5,6,7 lower both hands to waist level and switch hands and keep connection at waist level – both of us are facing the same direction with me in front
1,2,3 slight forward while pushing partner back on 1, step to right on 2 (and 3) as partner is pulled to my left side
5,6,7 (initially we led partner to a free 1 1/2 clockwise turn leading with my L hand – gently pulling it towards me) this is the hardest bit - lead partner to a 1 1/2 clockwise turn while breaking partner’s hand to get to Setenta-like position (partner’s R hand behind her waist) and do a hook turn (I found it better to wait until partner is nearly done with her turn before turning myself) as L-R is switched to R-R at the end – show L hand high (to reach a proper Setenta position by 1)
1,2,3 cross body lead start
5,6,7 unwrap partner by leading her to a 1 1/2 counterclockwise turn ending in open hold
1,2,3 do a 180 left turn (counterclockwise) with L hand high with the turn occurring at step 3 (I was doing a clockwise turn pivoting on 2 initially until Sally pointed out that I was doing this differently compared to others) – L-R lands on my L shoulder on 3
5,6,7 step aside (to R on 5) as L-R moves in sweeping counterclockwise circle rising from my L shoulder and ending next to (edited July 31) my R waist where my R hand is waiting and use the R hand to get hold of both of partner’s hands – both partner and I are facing same direction with me in front
1,2,3 step forward on 1 as partner is pushed backwards like open break, then turn around (this time clockwise) 180 on 3 pivoting on my R foot
5,6,7 lead partner to an optional double turn (clockwise)

No comments: