Mauricio would not let me leave

May 2, 2005

Sean reminded me that Peter and Cinzia would not be teaching their class this Monday. I went anyway to see who was substituting. When I realized that there was no substitute per se and that Mauricio was going to do the class, I thought about taking off but Mauricio kinda stopped me from doing so. The routine was provided by Mauricio with some of the ending being provided by another student and me.

Note: Mauricio doesn't like counting 1,2,3,5,6,7 for what it's worth.

1,2,3 candado (or sientala) start - open break (or continuation from back-to-back) on 1, followed by wrapping partner with L-R high and R-L low and turning partner counterclockwise one turn
5,6,7 unwrap (turn partner clockwise to unwrap presumably on 6,7)
repeat if needed
1,2,3 candado start again
5,6,7 unwrap partner and lead partner to an extra clockwise turn with R-L lowered and L-R high to end in the end of Setenta position after the first 1,2,3,5,6,7 - this would be L-R high and R-L wrapped behind partner's back at waist level with connection at partner's back right waist

variation 1
1,2,3 unwrap partner by leading another counterclockwise turn
5,6,7 back to back basic probably is the best option

variation 2 (my suggestion)
1,2,3 cross body lead start
5,6,7 cross body standard finish to unwrap partner (partner turns counterclockwise 180)

variation 3 (second student version)
1,2,3 lead partner to walk forward as both of us slide past each other on our backs - R-L ends high while L-R ends low on 3 and R-L goes over my head to in front of my face on 4
5,6,7 lead partner to a full clockwise turn to end in open hold

No comments: