Brit Salsafest rants

January 27, 2006

There is a new workshop schedule out. It's more conventional than the previous schedule. In some ways, I think it's worse - it effectively offers only 10 workshops for 2 days instead of 12 workshops because 5-6 PM slots now only offer beginner Rueda and a pair of Masterclasses each day. For me the old schedule had some 5 PM keepers, which will now compete with other intriguing contenders.


No sign of my tickets have appeared so I suspect I may end up going without any proof of entry. I'm sure it will turn out okay though. It would seem many other people in Cambridge also failed to get any confirmation mail (if such thing was planned in the first place).

I don't think I'll be doing any body movement classes based upon the new schedule and consultation with Ivan & Sergio. Oh well. The idea of taking on-2 classes have become considerably less appealing with the new schedule. In fact, I think the only change in the new schedule I was somewhat positive about was Tony Lara teaching advanced on-1 shines instead of Susana Montero (with caveat that I have no idea how they compare).

No comments: