Re-learning how to lead cross body lead, part 1

January 8, 2006

I wasn't having much fun with knowledge of having a flawed technique, and I didn't think I was going to enjoy dancing Salsa until it is fixed. Because SOS is still being held at the replacement venue, there is not much impetus to go to London right now.

I thought that a possible solution was the Sunday practice sessions at Club Salsa. Because of other obligations, I didn't stay long this time but I think it might work based upon what I saw tonight. There were couple of people who are used to cross body leads, so I received some feedback from them to help me with my remedial work.

Also, it seemed to me that Sunday at Club Salsa might be a perfect place to bring my Salsa music to see how they sound on the dance floor. In fact, Vishal said bringing your own music (not just mine) to play it at Club Salsa is something he wholeheartedly welcomed when I talked to him.

No comments: