Cristian debuts at Soul Tree

January 16, 2006

Mmmm. Too much Salsa. I never expected to post something everyday for six days in a row or to attend Salsa-related events six days in a row. There's no way I'm going to keep this up.

I originally intended to check out at least a small part of the lessons taught by Cristian and co. in their debut at the Soul Tree, but all I could manage was to get there an hour after the lessons were over. The lessons were apparently held at the main dance floor (concrete floor), and there apparently were three levels of lessons. There were 10-15 couples dancing when I arrived ~10 PM, and they were about to move the Latin music to the penthouse (wood floor).

Salsa dancing went on for a bit longer after the move upstairs at least until dancers started heading out presumably to bed. As more accomplished dancers left, the bar became more and more crowded with the usual Soul Tree international crowd. At the time of my departure shortly before midnight, the party was still going strong. Overall this was the most amount of (and best) dancing I ever saw at Soul Tree all around.

As for me, I went with little intention of dancing - just enough to be polite but no more. This equated to one dance near the beginning. Rest of the time, I just sat around to chill and soaked up the atmosphere.

Supposedly a live Salsa band will be playing next week at the Soul Tree (not sure if it's Peter's Cambiando). I just might have to check it out even though I'm feeling overbooked.

No comments: