I dabble at being a Latin DJ

January 15, 2006

I went to Club Salsa tonight with intention at dabbling as a DJ instead of dancing. I was in the booth for two stretches of times. Below is my play list. Vishal seemed happy enough to say that I'm welcome to do it again.

Frankie Ruiz - La Rueda
Frankie Ruiz - Esta Cobardia
Ray Barretto - Quitate La Mascara*
Orchestra Harlow - La Cartera*
Tito Puente - Mambo Diablo*

break

Grupo Niche - Gotas De Lluvia
Grupo Niche - Un Alto En El Camino
Toque D' Keda - Lamento Boliviano*
Eddie Palmieri - Ritmo Caliente II
Eddie Palmieri - Tu Tu Ta Ta II
Africando - Mandali
Africando - La Vie En Rose*

*Denotes tracks never played during regular club hours at Club Salsa. Lamento Boliviano was played at the Tony & Claudia workshop.

I danced/practiced with only one person (or one more than I expected) in between the times I acted as a DJ. I'm perfectly alright with it.

As I was leaving, Vishal informed me of launch of Cristian's Salsa classes at the Soul Tree tomorrow. Apparently, I was one of the last people to learn about it. I guess Tony & Claudia workshop will end up drawing some people away from it for one night. Oh well - that's unfortunate.

No comments: