Re-learning how to lead cross body lead, part 2

January 11, 2006

I danced only with two people tonight as I was concentrating on fixing cross body lead issues. In an informal survey with these two, one person preferred my old method of leading cross body lead while the other preferred my newer attempt. I am unsure if this is comparing apples and oranges (as the timing of turning – 5 vs 6 – is not the only difference between the two methods. Because there are so many ways to lead cross body lead, it is becoming more evident that this is a humongous problem. I hope this will get resolved and largely fixed by February.

I wonder how on-2 people do it; do they initiate turns on-3? I recall reading somewhere that they “cheat” and start leading follower on a move on-1, which might mean extra turns are initiated on-2. It’s highly mystifying and perhaps not very useful to speculate rather than learn.

It seems I'm getting more practice of doing shines because of this problem. In the course of practicing shines, I realized there probably are some errors to my notes, which I'll have to go back and correct later.

No comments: