Dodged a bullet

January 23, 2006

The only reason I was interested in the Soul Tree tonight was a flier, which I saw two weeks ago and which advertised a live band for tonight. I would have been interested enough to pay a small cover so when I obtained some free passes, I thought I would try to get some friends to come along. No one was able to come, and I ended up getting held up at work until 9:30 PM (and frankly could have stayed longer). When I finally arrived at the Soul Tree at around 10:30 PM, there was no band. Some people knew that the band was cancelled last week and the free passes made no mention of the band so I don't feel annoyed with anyone. However, I was very relieved that I ended up coming alone. I counted my lucky stars and left after ~30 min so that I would be able to get up early next morning.

No comments: