Last CDC Sergio class for the Lent term

March 10, 2005

I completely blanked out on Thurs improver's after hearing that this was the last class of the term.

Thurs Mar 10 Intermediate
open break (sideways to left not back) and get to cross body lead position on 2,3 with left hand up
lead partner forward across on 5,6,7 and turn away (counterclockwise?) from partner and switch hands to R-R
step forward on 1 and back (to left while turning 90 clockwise to get to cross body position) while pulling partner forward and across my on 2,3
turn partner clockwise (?) possibly 2 turns ... this could seem to take forever but wait
on 5,6,7 ...turn 90 counterclockwise to cross body-like position except not facing partner on 8 ... drop partner's R hand from my right shoulder and catch it with my left hand at waist level
to left and back to normal on 1,2,3 while pulling partner to my left ... lose hand and catch partner's hip (?!) -- this is supposedly a cue for partner to turn (counterclockwise) on 5,6,7 ... I should turn counterclockwise slowly to face partner on 6,7,8

changes to walk-a-round (highly problematic?)
get to cross body lead position .. but continue to keep guiding and turning partner to walk around counterclockwise... I don't do any footwork on 5,6 but only keep guiding partner around ... on 7 right foot goes back and to right (partner is way-way to my left at this time)
on 1 left foot goes to hook position (keep guiding partner around) and on 2 I turn slighly 90? counterclockwise but otherwise get to normal standing position on 2,3

No comments: